|Ater Wynne has a varied practice in health law and medical economics. We advise physicians, dentists, psychologists, practice managers, administrators, insurers, managed healthcare organizations, hospitals, academic health centers, and other healthcare professionals on matters related to practice organization, tax planning, insurance, regulatory matters, antitrust and fraud concerns, employment law, privacy regulations, and ethical principles. We are counsel to the Medical Society of Metropolitan Portland.
Ater Wynne has participated in many of the most significant healthcare financings in the Pacific Northwest. We have been a leader in regulatory and legislative work on behalf of the healthcare professions. Members of our litigation group are active in various areas of healthcare litigation, including claims relating to drugs, medical devices, antitrust, and government reimbursement policies.
Ater Wynne advises clients on the complex HIPAA, Stark, and antitrust implications of joint ventures, provider associations, physician participation in alternative delivery systems, mergers, and health planning. We have represented the interests of healthcare providers in litigation involving the conflict between peer review and anti-competitive activity. We understand the concerns of businesses regarding rising employee benefit costs and work with employers to evaluate proposals for new approaches to healthcare benefits.
Our senior partner, Jonathan Ater, is one of Oregon’s recognized health policy makers. He was appointed by Governor Ted Kulongoski to serve on the Oregon Health Fund Board and is Vice Chair of the Oregon Health Policy Commission. In in 2004 he served as Co-Chair of the Governor’s Mental Health Task Force.
Ater Wynne welcomes the challenge of representing healthcare professionals. Our firm is committed to providing high quality, innovative, and result-oriented legal services.
Technology & Telecom
Dynamic Family Organizations
Eye Health Northwest, P.C.
GreenField Health System, LLC
Medical Society of Metropolitan Portland
Northwest Acute Care Specialists, P.C.
Orthopedic International Spine
The Center: Orthopedic & Neurosurgical Care & Research
The ODS Companies
Oregon Emergency Physicians, P.C.
Oregon Health & Science University
OHSU Medical Group
Portland Family Practice, Inc.
Retina Northwest, P.C.
Skagit Radiology, Inc., P.S.
Sound Inpatient Physicians, P.L.L.C.
Southwest Washington Medical Center
The Oregon Clinic, P.C.
Western Washington Medical Group
- Organization of large clinical practice entity at academic medical center
- Restructuring of and general counsel to large Medicaid managed care organization
- Acquisition of specialty practices by large physician-owned clinic
- Financing of medical office building for physician practice
- Negotiations of exclusive service agreements for hospital-based physicians
- Acquisition of assets and line of businesses for mental health provider
- Reimbursement and contract negotiations
- Physician employment and shareholder agreements for various clients
- Personnel and human resources counseling and dispute resolution for various clients
- Compensation and compliance advice for physician practices
- Real estate leasing transactions
|Seminars and Events
Legal Articles and Alerts
|Jonathan A. Ater (Contact, Portland)
Leslie G. Bottomly
L. David Connell
Frank X. Curci
James B. Davidson
Kathryn L. Feldman
Frank V. Langfitt
Stacey E. Mark
Brenda L. Meltebeke
Michael J. (Sam) Sandmire